COMPANY: ARM Agribusiness Fund Managers Limited (AAFML)
JOB TITLE: Investment/Executive Director – Lagos (Nigeria)
REPORTS TO: Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer
The Investment Director (ID) will provide insight and direction, leads the investment team, complete all fund transactions, and effectively maintain portfolio development on behalf of the AAFML. The role will include intensive investment structuring, due diligence, negotiations, and portfolio management of AAFML’s existing/future Fund Series, ensuring maximum returns to all stakeholders. As part of executive management within the Fund Management Team, to raise capital for AAFML maiden fund, the role entails the establishment of a credible investment pipeline and ability to engage potential investors on fundraising and to attract investors to AAFML’s funds.
▪ Participates in developing the business strategy and business plan as part of the executive management team of the company.
▪ Develops and deploys investment strategies in line with business requirements to ensure optimal return.
▪ Develops and implements relevant policies, processes, and procedures in line with business and legislative requirements.
▪ Under the CEO, provides the required leadership and expertise in investments.
▪ Business Management - Develops, implements, and maintains investment, valuation, and asset management policies and processes.
▪ Ensures the effective positioning of the Fund and the Fund Managers as preferred partners for Agribusiness investment in West Africa, through conferences, presentations, and ongoing networking.
▪ Ensures effective identification of potential investment opportunities through market intelligence and networks.
▪ Identifies and proposes potential investments to the Investment Committee.
▪ Performs due diligence on potential investments and business cases.
▪ Advises the Investment Committee of business risk and proposes appropriate mitigating strategies.
▪ Manages and controls investment risk through timeous identification thereof, and analysis of investment reports.
▪ Attends annual meetings, reviews quarterly financial statements and remains up to date with any important valuation policy changes.
▪ Manages and ensures maximum conversion of pipeline deals into investments.
▪ Manages and ensures seamless implementation of post-investment value creation and exit strategies.
▪ Ensures networking with key stakeholders of potential investments, sponsors, and other relevant parties.
▪ Ensures ongoing marketing for business initiation purposes in identified markets, both locally and internationally.
▪ Reports to the Managing Director/CEO on a monthly basis and to the Investment Committee on a quarterly basis in respect of the pipeline and the investee companies.
▪ Advises the Managing Director/CEO and Investment Committee on the strategy and mechanism for exiting investments.
▪ Keeps informed of the political and regulatory environments of relevant countries and markets.
▪ Assists with the compilation and management of the Fund Manager budget and the Fund budget.
▪ Participates in fund raising initiatives including information creation, presentations, and investor engagement. Actively participates in the marketing of funds during capital raising.
▪ Has overall responsibility for assigned departmental staff and budgets.
▪ Expertise in the agribusiness / general manufacturing / FMCG industry. Experience in Nigeria will be a plus;
▪ Regional knowledge of West Africa countries and understanding of agribusiness challenges faced by countries in the region;
▪ Sound business judgment in identifying potential business partners;
▪ Relationship Building: through a strong set of interpersonal skills.
▪ Proven ability to mentor junior staffs;
▪ Ability to create and manage operations systems to process and manage transactions;
▪ Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standards.
▪ Business development and relationship management for deals.
▪ Ability to conduct appraisals and due diligence of a broad range of agribusiness and food opportunities;
▪ Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. French will be a plus;
▪ Financial skills: demonstrated ability to structure a variety of complex instruments (equity, debt and mezzanine).
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
▪ Master, MBA in finance, economics, accounting or equivalent qualification;
▪ At least 8-12 years of experience in corporate and/or project finance/ private equity with a proven track record of sourcing, structuring and closing investments;
▪ CFA, ACCA, CAIA, etc. are added advantages.